Free Shipping on orders of $125.00 or more.
Log Cabin Improv
Explore improv quilting made easy with this beginner-friendly guide!
- 17 easy quilt projects using simple improv techniques that every quilter can achieve
- Use log cabin blocks as a base structure for endless possibilities that appeal to both modern and traditional quilters
- Step-by-step instructions, helpful diagrams and illustrations, expert tips, and more
- Scrap-friendly designs so you can use up all your extra strips and bust your stash
- Essential information on tools and supplies, log cabin basics, improv concepts and approaches, and valuable design principles
- Author Mary M. Hogan has been quilting for 25 years and specializes in improvisational quilting
Are you a quilter seeking to try your hand at improv quilting, but not quite sure how to approach the technique? This must-have guide to improv quilting offers some sought-after structure using a very familiar quilt block: log cabins!
The ultimate guide to learning how to play with improv, this 128-page book will show you everything you need to know to quilt confidently using log cabin blocks as your base. With the log cabin quilt block structure, you can explore a variety of improvisational possibilities while still ending up with a quilt that goes together beautifully!
Opening with insightful overviews on tools, materials, and log cabin block basics, this book also features several tutorials to help you understand improvisational concepts and techniques before you begin quilting. From there, have fun experimenting with log cabin blocks to make a variety of colorful and scrap-friendly improv quilt projects!
Featuring a collection of 17 log cabin quilt designs that use easy improv techniques, each project includes step-by-step instructions, helpful diagrams and illustrations, expert tips and tricks, and more. Also included are sections on tools and supplies, log cabin basics, improv concepts and approaches, and design principles.
Mary M. Hogan has 25 years of quilting experience and specializes in improvisational quilting and using as many fabrics as possible. She is also the author of Fast Fold Hexies from Pre-Cuts & Stash, Fast Fold Hexie Quilting, String Quilt Style, and Classic to Contemporary String Quilts.
Get started in improv quilting, build your skills, and encourage your creativity, all while using the versatile log cabin blocks you already know and love, with Log Cabin Improv!
"Mary has written another fun quilting book that is both informative and chock-full of great ideas for improv log cabin quilts. She has included everything a beginner to improv quilting needs to know from fabric suggestions to easy-to-follow diagrams to amazing colorful quilts to make!"