Zigzag Rope Sewing Projects
Learn the fun and easy craft of rope sewing!
- Scrap-friendly craft of sewing with rope is easy to learn and exciting to experiment with
- 16 projects for durable and decorative bags, bowls, baskets, coasters, and other accessories and home décor items
- Step-by-step instructions, coordinating photography, and helpful tips throughout to ensure success
- Beginner-friendly tutorials on rope sewing basics, how to coil rope, advanced shaping techniques, and lots of finishing ideas for adding unique details
- Author Katherine Lile is a fourth-generation quilter and the owner of The Mountain Thread Company, a shop that specializes in coiled rope baskets and high-quality quilting cottons
- Projects in the book use between 10 and 30 yards of rope.
Rope sewing projects are satisfying to make and a joy to gift! With this book, not only will you develop versatile sewing skills, you'll also discover your own unique style and explore endless possibilities.
Zigzag Rope Sewing Projects is a complete craft guide to making stylish bowls, tote bags, trivets, baskets, plant stands, and other functional yet beautiful projects by coiling rope and joining it together using a simple zigzag stitch. It's an easy and fun craft to quickly master, perfect for anyone looking to try something new with their scraps!
This exciting guide features a fun collection of 16 sewing projects with clear, step-by-step instructions, coordinating photography, and expert tips throughout that will ensure success and build your rope sewing skills. Also included are insightful introductory overviews on materials, supplies, techniques, stitching tips, the basics of rope sewing, instructions for more advanced shaping, and tons of finishing ideas.
Author Katherine Lile is the owner of The Mountain Thread Company, a shop that specializes in coiled rope baskets and high-quality quilting cottons. She is a 4th generation quilter, having started sewing in preschool!
The perfect beginner-friendly guide, Zigzag Rope Sewing Projects offers endless design ideas and several techniques to try — from painting and fabric wrapping to dying, adding handles, and more — to open the door to a whole new world in crafting that's easy, fun, and fast!
Fall in love with the exciting craft of sewing with rope, with Zigzag Rope Sewing Projects!